The telecommunication industry is a seamless connectivity contributor in all spheres of life, turning the world into a global village. The telecommunications network systems form links among switches and nodes to govern their operation, allowing for data transfer among multiple users. The sheer amount of customer data in digital space and operation on complex networks renders the telecommunication sector one of the predominant employers of storage mediums. A report on the GIS in Telecom Market predicted that the telecom industry’s market size will reach USD 1687.4 million by 2026.
eMMC in Telecommunication Network Systems:
The surging network connectivity and a mammoth amount of data sharing on the telecommunication network systems emphasize the utilization of an apposite storage solution. eMMC Storage stands for “embedded MultiMedia Card” and is a type of internal storage embedded or directly soldered to a device’s motherboard making it riveted and suitable for telecommunication applications. eMMC is a non-volatile NAND Flash memory MultiMedia Card interface device comprising flash memory and a controller within a single integrated circuit. eMMC is tendered in small BGA (Ball Grid Array) packages, simplifying the application interface design complexities, consuming low power, retaining data in the absence of a constant power source and freeing up the host processor from low-level flash memory management, making it a suitable memory management solution for telecommunication network systems. eMMC acts as the primary storage for smaller devices and compact PCs, is inexpensive, popular for use in portable consumer devices like digital cameras, digital setup boxes, book readers, portable terminals, camcorders, televisions and advanced telecommunication networking and communications applications.
FLEXXON Yields a Viable Solution for the Telecom Industry: THE eMMC!!!
The demand for reliable communication and networking data storage solutions has escalated due to technological developments. Storage requirements vary for different applications of the telecom industry, network and infrastructure systems. It necessitates high-density, high-performance, and high-reliability solutions, and small form factors storage is appropriate for wireless applications. FLEXXON, a renowned manufacturing leader, realized the need for an affordable, lightweight, compact-sized and power-efficient storage solution and contrived the robust non-volatile embedded memory solution eMMC to stand up to high-tech performance and smaller footprint necessities of the telecom industry.
The FLEXXON’s eMMC embedded memory solution is compliant with the JEDEC® (Joint Electron Device Engineering Council) eMMC™ v5.1, v5.0, v4.x interface high standards to deliver the reliability and authenticity expected in the telecommunication network systems. To support the increasing demand for compact embedded systems across the telecommunication industry, FLEXXON’s eMMC storage solution provides extraordinary performance, extreme reliability, and enhanced endurance working on densities from 4GB to 512GB. Built on the TS16949 Certification manufacturing, the standard is based on ISO 9001; FLEXXON’s eMMC has advanced features, including 3D technology and deep diagnostics available in different variants, i.e., ECON II, XTRA VII, XTRA III, and AXO. Furthermore, FLEXXON’s eMMC adheres to the AEC (-40°C~105°C) specifications working on a wide range of temperatures and PPAP (Production Part Approval Process) prerequisites featuring the industry-leading SMART feature, which stands for Self-Monitoring Analysis and Reporting Technology, allowing users to monitor the status of their device’s performance, reliability, health monitoring and control. In addition, the eMMC supports Linux commands to read the SMART information from the device, designed to boost host write performance, leveraging the benefits of SLC to maximize telecommunication devices’ throughput while keeping a check on the remaining life of the eMMC.
The top-notch quality eMMC of FLEXXON extends adaptive mechanisms ensuring writes are routed for superior write speeds allowing transfer rates up to 310 MB/s with the fastest interface speed (HS400), diligently migrating data to ensure performance consistency and delivering increased efficiency for advanced audio and high-resolution video in embedded telecommunication network systems. The FLEXXON’s eMMC is exceptionally well-suited, efficient, impeccable and compact-sized to cater to the requirements of the embedded telecommunication network systems. The market mainstream eMMC comes in 153 balls BGA package befitting for industrial applications. Still, FLEXXON is one step ahead by assembling customizable services with its eMMC 100 balls BGA package supporting functionality in a wide range of telecommunication network systems applications.
Extensive Features of FLEXXON’s eMMC lucrative for the Telecommunication Industry:
The FLEXXON’s eMMC provides a high-achieving performance, lower cost, less power consumption, decreased cell-to-cell interference, increased data storage, accelerated connectivity and compatibility in a space-constrained design, making it desirable for smaller telecom consumer devices, tiny sensors and network communication devices. The eMMC implements a sophisticated read refresh and read disturb algorithm to handle data retention better. It senses early signs of block degradation and automatically refreshes the data by applying multiple types of scans delineated to identify affected pages with high Bit Error Rate (BER). In addition, FLEXXON’s eMMC implements advanced mechanisms for protecting the device and the user data from data loss, data corruption or device damage due to external power failures addressing the occurrence of both write abort and voltage drops.
FLEXXON’s eMMC acts as an embodiment of endurance and consistency, observing the protocol standards and supporting features presented by JEDEC® such as boot operation, replay-protected memory block (RPMB), field firmware updates, power-off notification, enhanced features for faster and more reliable operation, write leveling, high-priority interrupt (HPI), secure trim/erase, and high-speed. The Global Embedded MultiMediaCard (EMMC) Market Growth Report has nominated FLEXXON as one of the preeminent eMMC manufacturers. The FLEXXON’s eMMC allows telecommunication network systems to have internal flash storage warranting interoperability among devices while demonstrating the extensive features stated underneath:
- Tailor-made firmware: The firmware warrants the use of eMMC according to the nature of the telecommunication network system application.
- Highly Integrated eMMC Solution: Exceptional storage capacity of 4GB to 512GB supporting an extensive temperature range of -40°C~105°C for telecommunication applications.
- Packaged Design: Compact-sized storage device to meet several telecommunication industries’ high reliability and high-performance needs.
- Pre-loaded data integrity in the reflow process: Data integrity refers to the reliability and accuracy of telecommunication data. The pre-loaded telecommunication data might get corrupted during soldering. FLEXXON’s eMMC uses pSLC blocks only during the soldering process and leverages strong pages from NAND flash to ensure no data is lost during the reflow process.
- Static and Dynamic Wear Leveling: FLEXXON’s eMMC supports static and dynamic wear leveling. The static wear leveling shifts cold telecommunication applications data (seldom updated system data) to the block of the maximum erase count in the data area, whereas the dynamic wear leveling shifts hot telecommunication data (constantly updated user data) to the block of the minimum erase count in the data area. Hence, reducing the risk of read disturb and sustaining data integrity for the telecom industry.
- Auto Read Refresh: Auto Read Refresh monitors the bit errors in every read operation of eMMC. This is important for read-intensive telecommunication applications. To prevent data damage in eMMC, a refresh operation will be triggered when the bit errors approach the pre-set threshold level.
- Power Loss Protection: FLEXXON’s eMMC supports pSLC Area Backup Technology for telecommunication applications. Partial NAND is enabled as pSLC to backup data, which is non-volatile storage that can provide higher read/write performance, endurance and data reliability. FLEXXON’s eMMC endorses UECC handling, which in case of sudden power loss, initiates an uncorrectable ECC found in a programmed page. The eMMC scans the whole system blocks, and once an ECC uncorrectable or higher ECC error bit is found, those pages will be discarded, and the valid data will be moved to a health block. The FLEXXON’s eMMC disseminates a power-off notification to provide sufficient time for the device to back up all the cache data.
- Advanced NAND management: RoHS Compliance ensures superior quality NAND management, and controlled BOM provides consistent performance of the telecommunication applications.
- SMART: FLEXXON’s eMMC supports the Linux command to read the SMART information, monitor the health and remaining life of the eMMC installed in the telecommunication applications to avoid critical failures.
Applications of the eMMC in the Telecommunication Sector:
The FLEXXON’s eMMC storage solution is used in telecommunication network systems to store critical data owing to its adeptness to withstand harsh operating environments, with a smaller footprint, portability, reliability, durability, inexpensiveness, power consumption effectiveness and unrivaled high-density performance. The eMMC caters to the telecommunication network systems’ varying storage requirements, and the data from these telecommunication devices is kept as log files and written/read randomly. Storage solution needs are abundant in network and communication systems because of the extensive coverage worldwide. The demand for these applications led to FLEXXON’s eMMC being ventured into the telecommunication industry with a well-built global supply strategy within the applications stated below:
Network Communication Systems:
The eMMC storage alternative has set a benchmark in the network communication systems being a reliable storage mechanism to ensure the integrity of the network communication application. The eMMC flash storage components feature longer life cycles, superior performance, and high reliability, making NetCom applications an ideal choice. A network is a collection of servers, gateways, mainframes, computers, peripherals, network devices, and relevant devices connected through a router that forwards data packets between computer networks, allowing a lag-free and error-free sharing of data. These network routers and switches employ eMMC to offer consistent data integrity and reliability.
Telecommunication Network Performance Management System:
Telecommunication network systems form the backbone of any organization’s IT infrastructure. With enterprises’ relying heavily on internet-based applications, the end users must remain unaffected due to telecommunication network-related performance issues. Therefore, telecommunication network performance management equipment entails eMMC to certify a secure data backup solution and improve network performance with the help of network management solutions.
The satellite systems incorporated in the Global Navigation Satellite System are susceptible to severe weather conditions, including heat, cold, dust, and humidity. To deal with such climate conditions, the Global navigation satellite system deploys eMMC, which acts as a storage solution supporting an extensive temperature range, starting from -40°C~105°C and a powerful controller for maximum reliability and optimum data integrity. In addition, it is necessary for the signal processing stage to support a memory of at least some tens of GBytes for fast storage of raw data produced during a satellite flight mission; an embedded multimedia card (eMMC) card is used for this purpose.
The profound FLEXXON’s eMMC (embedded MultiMedia Card) transpires in different densities and extended temperature grades emphasizing longer product life, customized memory solutions, strong technical support, and fixed BOM for a comprehensive telecommunication-grade eMMC. The JEDEC-compliant FLEXXON’s eMMC directs the Flash management, including ECC, wear-leveling, HIgh-lOPS optimization and read sensing, significantly reducing the low-level flash management burden on the host CPU, eliminating latency and enhancing performance. Accommodating the space-constrained storage needs of the telecommunication network systems and accelerating technological advancements, the FLEXXON’s eMMC has emerged as a facile and all-inclusive memory storage solution package for high-speed and high-resolution data transmissions of telecommunication applications.