The PCIe or Peripheral Component Interconnect Express is a type of expansion slot that can also be identified as the standard internal interface. It is a standard of connecting high-speed components that creates a connection between a computer motherboard to the host and peripheral endpoints enabling expansions to the multiple slots on the board. The interface of PCIe NVMe SSD enables high bandwidth communication among the device, the motherboard, and the hardware.
PCIe plays a vital role in the current market. It is the most upgraded technology utilized by most giant multinational organizations, such as Hyundai, Toyota, and Google. It is extremely efficient for high-density application devices. The uprising demand for data storage has opened up a new dimension to the newer technologies like NVMe/NVMe-oF, storage-class memories, intent-based storage systems, and software-defined storage.
Being the World’s leading NAND flash storage manufacturer, Flexxon is offering the highly optimized PCIe NVMe SSD. The modern PCIe technology is engendered for solid-state drives and replaces them with the odd Advanced Host Controller Interface (AHCI) technology.
Flexxon PCIe NVMe SSD delivers maximum throughput in the fastest reaction time with the following features:
- Conforms the NVMe 1.3 Standard: Delivers effective performance method verification process along with the interface lineup. It easy to use, plug-and-play interface, and lightweight.
- Consistent with PCIe Base Version 3.1: The specification implies the highest rates in data transfer, bandwidth, and frequency along with an upgraded scheme for both encoding and decoding.
- High-Quality 3D NAND Flash Storage: Manufactures by using the newest 3D NAND innovation and the architecture includes 3D chipset layers slacking in the vertical orientation. It is suitable for embedded usage in compact and larger capacity drives for military, automotive, and so on.
- The PCIe 3×2 and 3×4 Interfaces: Easily connects to the drive to both two-lane and four-lane configurations. Undoubtedly, FLEXXON PCIe NVMe SSD offers the most versatile interfaces.
- Standard Range of Form Factors: Widely used in various industries in diversities of standard form factors to make it compatible with the applications.
- Supports TCG OPAL/AES/PYRITE: Supports several storage technologies/devices so the drive can be used with these data handling and storage solutions.
- Dynamic SLC Caching: Enables or creates SLC caches on an empty SSD and attains higher speed writes in research for resigning direct-to-TLC speed.
- Enhanced Wear leveling: Endures with a longer lifespan for the wear leveling technique. Writing is well-distributed on every layer and the cells lodge an equal write enabling evenly wearing.
- Bad block management: Keeps itself immune from data corruption as bad block management allows the drive to classify and label bad blocks and stops writing data on these “unusable blocks” to increase the reliability of the SSD
- Advanced Security Features: Provides immense security and enhances reliability to protect confidential data.
- Thermal throttling: Reduces the speed of SSD to dissipate the excessive heat within the SSD chipset if the temperature significantly rises.
- Power loss protection (PLP): Prevents accidental data loss while writing when an abrupt power failure occurs.
Flexxon PCIe NVMe SSD Series
- PCIe – M.2 2280 DEX: It is the latest PCI express Gen3x4 interface, consistent with the NVMe 1.3 standard. This PCIe NVMe SSD series comes with high performance, great reliability, and a low-power solution that is ideal for some specific applications. It is available in different form factors, starting from 120GB to128GB and divided into two operating temperature zones (grades): diamond-grade (-40°C to 85°C) and silver-grade (0°C to 70°C). The series has 1860 MB/s a read and 1374 MB/s write speed.
- PCIe – M.2 2280 DEX PRO: It is ideal for embedded applications. This PCIe NVMe SSD is built with a DRAM-less design similar to the PCIe – M.2 2280 DEX series with trivial enhancements. This series offers better performance consuming less power. The read and write speeds are 1378 MB/s and 1850 MB/s respectively.
- PCIe – M.2 2280 HIX: This one is great for embedded applications that require high-performance PCIe NVME SSD with NVMe 1.3 compliance. It is extremely efficient in low consumption and functions in three temperature zones (grades): commercial-grade, silver-grade, and diamond-grade. Available form factors are ranging from 120GB to 4TB. It provides 3390 MB/s and 3020 MB/s read and write speeds.
- PCIe – M.2 2242 RAPIX: This DRAM-less design features PCI express Gen3x4 interface. It is also featured with less power consumption, compliant to NVMe 1.3, and supreme for embedded applications. The read and write speeds are 2300 MB/s and 1200 MB/s respectively. Drives are available in several form factors extending from 120GB to 1TB. The SSD operates in one temperature zone that is commercial-grade (0°C to 70°C).
- PCIe – M.2 2280 GEX: This model has been designed with a PCI express Gen3x4 interface with enhanced performance and more reliability. It is perfect to use in diversified applications+ for industrial, enterprise-type servers, as well as professional photography applications. It is also available in various form factors from 240GB to 2TB. The two operating temperature zones (grades) are silver-grade and diamond-grade and the speed range is 3369 MB/s read and 2845 MB/s write speeds.
- PCIe – M.2 2280 REX: These series come with a PCI express Gen4x4 interface that offers excellent performance in relatively low power consumption criteria. It is best for embedded applications and available in three form factors: 500GB, 1TB, and 2TB. The read and write speeds are 5000 MB/s and 4400 MB/s respectively and operating in only commercial-grade (0°Celsius to 70°C) temperature zone.
The flash storage solutions by Flexxon are popular globally for their better performance, high reliability, enhanced durability. Memory devices are widely used in various niches, such as healthcare, cybersecurity, industrial well as automation applications. With the PCIe NVMe SSD, Flexxon has opened up a new dimension in the world of NAND flash devices with all the advanced features and diverse specifications. No matter enterprise or personal usage, Flexxon PCIe NVMe SSD comes with a wide range of varieties to serve every application with high-functioning.
The NVMe Standard in PCIe has Increased the Performance Efficiency of SSDs
FLEXXON PCIe NVMe SSD Introduction
Types of NAND Flash: Everything You Need to Know